WOW! I am absolutely honored to have been nominated by my lovely blog friend Athena (Divorce With Me) for a blog award! This lady is fabulous and has help me through my good and bad days. We’ve been through similar situations and knowing she has my back (even though we’ve never met) means more than she will ever know! Thanks girlie! xoxo (p.s. If I could nominate you back, I so would!)
This is what she said —> 1. When Doves Fall – Recently divorced, has great wit and just fun to read. Love her bite!
HERE ARE THE FIVE RULES TO FOLLOW:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
HERE ARE MY ANSWERS TO DIVORCE WITH ME’S QUESTIONS
1. Will you give me a brief synopsis about your blog? Divorced one year ago after he cheated, moved to a new state, new job – my blog is my way of dealing with it. (and bitching about it!)
2. What do you do outside of blogging (without divulging anything too private, of course)? I’m a journalist, I love yoga and the beach. Good thing I moved to the beach!
3. When did you start blogging? April 2014, right before my big move.
4. Why do you blog? Stress relief! Writing my emotions down gets them out of my brain. I’ve met some wonderful people in the process!
5. How often do you post and why? At least once a week. Some days I want to post, other days I have to force myself. My therapist encourages my blog (and the cussing).
6. Do your friends and family know you blog? They know about it but they do not read it (Because I won’t let them).
7. How do you feel about posting personal pictures and info on yourself? I do it. I’m real, I’m human, this is me. If people I know stumble upon my blog and figure out it’s me, so be it.
8. Do you have more than one blog? If so, please share. I have a professional blog that really need to be updated!
9. What part of the world do you live in? Florida! I spent 26 years in Colorado before I moved to the beach.
10. What kind of music are you into? Indie Rock is my favorite, though I blast EDC at the gym and some days are country days.
AND HERE ARE THE BLOGS I’VE NOMINATED FOR THE SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGERS AWARD:
1. Pablo’s Wife from He Never Said He Loved Her. This woman is a fighter. She is honest and I admire the path she took. “This is my journey through the mucky waters of my husband’s infidelity”
2. The Opposite Side of the Street: Katie is hilarious and as real as it gets. When I first started blogging, knowing she was going through something similar made me feel so much better!
3. Lessons from the End of a Marriage – Great blog. Her and I have some good twitter banter from time to time. And again, she reminds me that I’m not alone on this journey.
4. I Put the Ass is Sassy: She’s funny, honest and doesn’t give s shit what others think, refreshing!
5. Divorced Kat: Her and I root for each other on twitter, we are both divorced and navigating this horrible, terrible dating world.
6. Phoenix from Broken Christian Heart: Another strong woman going through a divorce, and I was fighting through the holidays right there with her!
7. SLAMMING THE RESET BUTTON: I’m new to following this woman. It’s so hard to tell our stories of abuse, betrayal and divorce. She is doing it.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINATED SEVEN BLOGGERS:
1. What is your blog about?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. When you started, did you think you’d end up where you are? (meeting people etc.)?
4. What’s the best thing about your blog?
5. What are some of your hobbies?
6. Do your friends and family know you blog?
7. How do you feel about posting personal pictures and info on yourself?
8. What is one of the best decisions you’ve ever made?
9. What part of the world do you live in?
10. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I want to remind all of you wonderful women that you are amazing, strong and beautiful. No matter what you are going through (though for most of us it’s divorce) know that we are in this together. Thank you all for sharing your stories with me, whether you know I followed your story or not, you all inspire me.
Thanks again Athena!